Innovation can make or break the success of a company. During the COVID-19 pandemic, business owners are thinking outside the box to find new ways of reaching and retaining customers.
When creating an innovation strategy, consider internally and externally prioritizing collaboration. This helps you turn valuable resources into a competitive advantage. It brings everyone together globally to share and cultivate ideas.
Find the Right Approach to Innovation
Enterprises need a digital strategy to survive. Today, the focus is on risk mitigation, a clear ROI, and increasing production time. External partners are crucial for leveraging digital resources.
Moving too slowly can cause innovations to fail. According to collaboration research published in June 2020, 86% of startups are expected to increase their number of partnerships. The current economy is no longer about resources. Instead, competition is based around building, networking, and widening connections with others.
Create an innovation approach that includes collaboration from various sources. Rather than just including employees from certain departments, make it company-wide.
Find out what customers want and need. Learn which types of products benefit them the most, and focus your innovations on those areas.
Change Your Mindset
A successful innovation strategy may require a change in mindset for everyone in the organization. When you begin including employees, customers, and external partners, you will develop a truly collaborative way of thinking.
Collaboration should become a primary focus. No matter your industry, it will give you a competitive advantage over other organizations. Employees from various departments can come together to share different experiences and ideas.
Why Is Collaboration Important?
Collaboration results in higher quality products. According to recent collaboration statistics, around 75% of employers view collaboration as important.
You can create products quickly by bringing together multiple ideas and turning them into successful innovations. All who participate will have an opportunity to learn from one another, gaining valuable insights along the way.
- The collaboration process is creative, sparks a greater number of ideas, and helps resolve issues more efficiently. Collaboration also builds confidence. People who feel their ideas are listened to will feel more comfortable sharing during future projects.
- The key is to assemble the innovation team from the beginning. Each member should learn to trust one another, share a clear vision of the project, and believe in the result. Ideally, team members should work on projects that positively impact the organization and customers. Start by defining clear goals so everyone knows what to expect.
- Provide the necessary tools to succeed. Answer questions from team members who may not have a clear understanding of the expected result.
- Establish roles so everyone is accountable for their work. Figure out how members will communicate and how often.
- Empower team members by encouraging them to share opportunities for successful innovations. Listen to each member’s thoughts on possible limitations and downfalls to avoid repeatedly making mistakes.
- Communicate regularly to ensure everyone is approaching the project with the right perspectives. Ask questions first, and listen to the answers.
Want a platform that will encourage collaboration? Contact us today to request a demo.