Title: Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Greater Salt Lake City Area
Job Category: SysOps
At IdeaScale, we believe solutions to humanity’s biggest challenges exist within each of us. We are a Software as a Service (SaaS) company built to facilitate the human interactions that initiate and drive a culture of innovation for our clients. Those ideas become new products, business models, and services that become the future of that organization. At IdeaScale, you’ll have the opportunity to work with clients in every industry, from government to nonprofit, healthcare to finance, energy to education.
Working from offices throughout the world, our company culture is fast-paced, creative, innovative and collaborative. IdeaScale is also committed to proving that you can be a profitable, growing company while still maintaining ethical business practices. We are working to become carbon neutral, we have high commitments to equality, diversity, and workplace wellbeing and think you can still have a lot of fun along the way. We’re looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves, throw out the rule book (within reason) and think creatively to help our clients reach their innovation goals.
Come join us!
Join and contribute to the communities and foundations that support our chosen open-source technologies and platforms. How you provide support will be dictated by your own interests, abilities, and personal passions.
What you get to do:
- On-going Sysadmin work on bare metal and AWS instances.
- Proactive system/network monitoring.
- Proactive system capacity planning.
- Deployment and task automation utilizing salt or other methods.
- Issue/Incidence response.
- Code-level analysis of issues including root cause determination and/or potential code fix.
- Peer-level customer support for low-level, highly-technical issue resolution.
- Work with the compliance team to implement controls and other security needs.
- Continuous improvement of the system as a whole.
What you bring to the team:
- As a result of a government contract in which this position will be involved, this role requires U.S. citizenship. (Secret clearance is a plus.)
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, IS, IT or equivalent required
- Strong writing and communication skills—Ability to keep key stakeholders informed in a timely manner
- Container/Cloud Management (Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, etc)
- 3-5 years of Linux administration and engineering experience including a deep understanding of the Linux networking stack at the kernel level.
- 1-3 years Python development experience or an equal level of level of proficiency in another language. For candidates that have experience with languages other than Python, we will ask you to provide code/script/recipe examples pertinent to infrastructure support.
- Experience leading, or participating in, the implementation of at least one configuration management system (Ansible, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Experience deploying a host virtualization platform. Specific experience with a cloud platform not required.
- Experience hardening Linux hosts (with SELinux a plus)
- Experience with fully implemented automation workflows.
- Hands-on networking experience and a strong foundational knowledge of networking models including VLAN’s, routing, bridging, etc.
- Web Server experience (SAAS experience a huge plus)
- Motivated self-starter with ability to self-manage and work well independently, as well as in a team within a dynamic environment.
- Strong application, operating system, kernel, and hardware debugging skills.
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary and an unlimited PTO policy
- 401k match which is fully vested after 3 years of service
- A dynamic and fun work environment with passionate, top-notch colleagues
- An opportunity to join a company at an inflection point in its growth pathway
- Leadership that is invested in hearing your ideas and in your professional growth
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, IdeaScale is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Eric Mills at [email protected]