The holiday season is a great time to crowdsource, because creativity will be at its peak when people mix at holiday parties and share new ideas. But, it’s also a challenging time for engagement because there are plenty of competing priorities.
To capture the energy of holiday season with lots of ideas, we recommend:
- Set a goal for idea submission
- Set an incentive for idea submission
- … and when it comes to outreach, keep it timely
Here are some fun incentives, both monetary and non-monetary, that you can offer this holiday season:
- Close at lunchtime on the last day before break if xx% of the teamsubmits an idea
- Company donation to top submitter’s favorite charity
- Amazon gift card for gifting season
- Recognition and photos with CEO at the holiday party
- Recognition in the holiday newsletter
- CEO sings karaoke at holiday party to song of winner’s choice
- Private holiday coffee hour, cocktails, or meal with the CEO for top idea submitters and their spouses
- Work from home for the last week before holiday
- Tickets for your family to a Holiday show or event of your choice
- Massage therapist gives 15 minute massages to the top 10 idea submitters
- For each idea submitted, receive 1 hour of time off for last minute holiday prep.
- Ring in the new year! – Park in CEO’s spot during the first week of the year.
- Corporate Social Responsibility campaign: Submit ideas for a charity at which all employees should volunteer for a day. Author of winning idea gets a match of his/her holiday bonus donated to said charity.
Be sure to capture the energy and spirit of the season!