The employee onboarding survey is a detailed survey that is used by an organization for the employees who have joined the organization recently. This survey typically measures the level of satisfaction of the newly recruited employees, to evaluate their overall recruitment experience. It’s a closed form of crowdsourcing that can benefit your company.
Employee onboarding is a process that not only entails onboarding new employees but also helps them adjust to the social and performance aspect of the organization. This is an extremely important process to help the newly recruited employees to settle comfortably in the organization and also take the first step in understanding the policies and procedures of the organization.
If you have been employed before, chances are you surely have experienced some form of employee onboarding. From the minute you stepped into the organization, there are a number of processes that you will need to get accustomed to. Employee onboarding makes the process a little less stressful for the employees. All theses So, to ease the tension onboarding process allows them to kick-start their engagement with the organization.
There are two distinct types of employee onboarding process:
- Formal onboarding: This process is more about the employee(s) getting familiar with policies and other important attributes that effectively helps the employee adjust to their new position in the organization. This is a more systematic and organized process and includes a formal welcome and orientation for the new recruit.
- Informal onboarding: This is a semi-organized process, where the new employee learns from the more experienced members of his/her team. This is a more practical approach where real-time scenario and challenges help the new employee to get out of his/her comfort zone and be a valuable addition to the team.
It totally depends on the work culture of the organization what onboarding process to follow. However, the onboarding process is incomplete without taking a proper feedback from the newly recruited employees. Here is where the employee onboarding survey plays a major role. The survey questions asked in this survey will help collect responses that will help an organization determine the success of the process.
10 Key Employee Onboarding Survey Questions
- Considering your entire onboarding experience with the organization, on a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend the organization to your family and friends?
- Were you provided with the right information about the organization during the recruitment process?
- What are the three things we could have done differently to improve your onboarding process?
- What are the three reasons for you to join this organization?
- Were you employed anywhere else before joining this organization?
- Do you feel welcome in this organization?
- Are you happy to be a part of this organization?
- Do you see yourself working for this organization in the next 5 years?
- Do you think your team members motivate you to perform your tasks efficiently?
- Are you able to manage your work life balance?
Why is an Employee Onboarding Survey Used?
Some of the biggest reasons why the employee onboarding survey is to be conducted are:
- To know what an employee thinks about the organization’s procedures and policies.
- To gauge if the newly recruited employee is equipped to perform in the new role and fulfill their primary responsibility.
- Make the new employee abreast of what the individual’s expectations are and what are the organization’s expectations of the employee.
- To understand any further information or training is required so that the employee can perform better in the existing role.
- To collect first-hand employee feedback to measure the success of the onboarding process.
Learn more: Top 15 Employee Engagement Survey Questions for Your Next Questionnaire