Introduction to our SECRET project – native chatGPT Integration for Ideation
We at IdeaScale are thrilled to announce the launch of our latest innovation – the integration of ChatGPT into our ideation software. This has been a TOP SECRET project that a small team of our best innovators came up with, refined, iterated perfected and got live – all within 10 days!
We are excited to reveal this feature to the world. Big thanks to engineering and UX teams for making this possible so quickly.
tldr: You can test the feature for FREE at: https://lnkd.in/e5BTSiDv
The background on why we built this
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at IdeaScale. Our business is to help others innovate – and so I take EXTREME pride in the fact that we’re an innovation company that actually innovates.
And let’s be candid, there’s lots of ways to innovate. From sitting in a room by yourself thinking, to whiteboarding, to hopping on a zoom call. But I thought – wait – AI is changing the world, why can’t it change the world of innovation. Internally, we’ve aggressively adopted AI and other technologies to improve our productivity as a team (this year alone, productivity is up >20% thanks to new tech internal tech adoption).
And so we wanted to help our clients achieve those same productivity gains in their innovation functions.
So I hopped on a plane, flew down to Bangladesh, where our chief architect lives, and began cooking up code with my team.
Our “simple” goal and how we built it
Our goal is simple in description – but devilishly difficult in execution – build an AI assistant that could dramatically and naturally improve a human being’s ability to brilliant.
It had to have several characteristics:
- Be Simple: Anyone, tech guru or not, should be able to use it
- Be Elegant: It fits into our product workflow naturally
- Actually Solves Problems: Makes the user’s life better, and is not just a fancy “bell and whistle” feature that tech companies add to brag about how much new stuff they build
We quickly discovered the technical part of building this was easy. But achieving the simplicitly and elegance goals was HARD. UX design here was really tough, since we needed to make it so easy to use that someone who hasn’t heard the word AI could use it.
Our product design team and I met every few hours for 5 days straight to try out different variations, refining it relentlessly till it it met my bar of being “stupidly elegant”
So what? How does this chatGPT integration benefit our clients
I am constantly looking for ways to help organizations of all sizes and types to generate ideas, collaborate, and bring their ideas to life. This native chatGPT integration is a giant leap forward towards that goal: hypercharging organization’s innovation programs.
Here’s a quick list of the benefits that YOU get from trying out our new ChatGPT innovation for FREE:
- Use the AI to help you brainstorm to come up with ideas faster (i.e., “so my idea is XYZ, tell me some related ideas”)
- Ask the AI for suggestions on topics for ideas (i.e., “give me some suggestions on new products that my firm XYZ can launch”)
- Iterate on your ideas to come up with a better final idea (i.e., “OK so I want to build product ABC, what features should I add to make it even better”)
- Write elegant descriptions of your ideas to communicate effectively. Sometimes the hardest part of making an idea reality is communicating what’s in your head with your team. With the click of a button, now our chatGPT integration can do this for you automatically, writing up editable drafts describing your idea elegantly!
- Have more FUN: It’s way more fun when you’re ideating together, in this case with a talkative AI buddy, rather than by yourself
Ready? Set? Innovate (better)!
I believe that all organizations need to innovate, every day, to stay relevant. That’s why we built this gamechanging feature. We wanted to innovate for you.
As one of my mentors used to tell me: If you’re not changing the game, you’re out of the game. And I’m proud to say… the game has been changed.