COVID-19 Example Campaigns
Crowdsourcing teleworking challenges and solutions:
Potential intro text: As we all adjust to the current, and ultimately temporary, “maximum telework flexibility” environment, help us here at the innovation team identify common challenges people face and creative solutions to address those challenges. This challenge is also an opportunity for you to connect with your colleagues while discussing ways to best adjust to our home work environments.
- What are the challenges you are still facing as you continue adjusting to your home work environment? Keep in mind that a lot of the challenges (IT issues like VPN, equipment issues, etc.) may not have readily available solutions. See below for challenges brought already identified by your colleagues…maybe you comment on a challenge with a potential solution that will help out someone else!
- How else have you adapted to your home work environment? Think of ways to maintain motivation, tackle technical issues, connect with your team, etc.
A fun space for online connection and collaboration:
Potential intro text: As we all adjust to the current, and ultimately temporary, “maximum telework flexibility” environment, we want to create a space that allows all of us to virtually connect with one another in a safe, fun, and light-hearted manner. Within this space, we also want to use the power of the crowd and discover creative ways you are implementing to adapt your home work environment. This challenge will remain open until we return back to our normal working environments.
- How have you adapted your home environment to make it more comfortable, fun, and manageable? Pictures are a plus but be sure they don’t include anything you don’t want the entire center seeing!)
- How have you remained close to your team? What tools / policies are helping you with this?
- What topics should we crowdsource that may help reduce the burden of your current work environment? Ideas can range from work specific to useful distractions (trivia / brain teaser challenge anybody?) Of course, keep in mind that there is a limit on what we can address.
- What is your favorite online exercise or entertainment resource right now?
A few other simple prompts we cooked up or borrowed from public campaigns already launched by our customers (originally post):
- Department of Labor Campaign: How might we provide expanded family and medical leave to employees affected by COVID-19?
- LIVE NYC Small Business Services: Storefront Business Solutions
- LIVE ILTA Campaign: How might we improve employee and contractor health and safety?
- LIVE by United Way: What problems aren’t we seeing and how can we address them?
How might our team best support one another through these turbulent times?
- How might our team leverage our strengths as an organization to serve the public good and provide solutions to our community?
- How might we maintain focus and momentum as a team as we adjust to the changing circumstances and accommodate the ever-emerging and quite novel demands on our team both personally and professionally?
- How might we best welcome and onboard our new hires on a remote basis, given new teleworking policies?
- How might we best collaborate with our peers in the industry given the cancellation of conferences and workshops?
- Where are their opportunities to co-create new solutions with vendors and suppliers?
- What Federal, state or local policies should be adapted to improve safety, economic resilience and community well-being?
- What does this community need in terms of supplies, practices or solutions? / What can I contribute in terms of supplies, practices or solutions to this community?
- How can we address current public health challenges and change the way we serve our customers to continue providing them the best and safest service?
- What are some measures we can take to ensure employees serving customers do so in the safest environment?
- Social Distance approved tips for staying connected with family and friends
- How are you staying active and healthy while under quarantine or shelter in place?
- Share your backyard, basement, attic, spare room and garage upgrades
- Virtual grocery list: share your favorite snacks and where to grab them
- Quarantine Kitchen: add your best home cooking recipe
- Quarantine Kitchen: what are your must have pantry ingredients?
- Home Office: share your must have home office features including setup, devices, snacks, and more
- Water Cooler Watch: without spoilers, give your pitch for your favorite movies and shows
- Parent Corner: what have you found works best for your family as kids transition to remote learning? Share your tips, tricks, and lessons learned.
- How are you managing stress? How tools are you using now that you didn’t use before?
- Lost but not forgotten: What do you really wish you hadn’t left at the office?
- If you’re a university, you can see a longer list of education-specific problem statements and prompts here.
Many contacts have reminded us that they found this “Crisis Mode Creativity” presentation from a prior Open Nation extremely helpful.
IdeaScale was founded in an uncertain time during the last great recession. We weren’t sure what the future of a fledgling start-up would be when so much was unknown, but we continued to bootstrap our business with only our customers as our investors and we’ve grown to the global, virtually-connected team that we are today. We have always thought of ourselves as partners to our customers and that goes for every chat support technician to our top executives. We pledge to be here for you in the coming months. Please let us know how we can help you bridge the gap between business as usual and our new goal of flattening this curve.