We are living in unprecedented times when we are facing loss of income along with the threat of loss of life in all of our communities on a global scale. This has truly been brought home to us, because IdeaScale is a global company with employees working all over the world and we’ve found that the experience of this pandemic is something that is shared by each and every one of our colleagues from Dhaka, Bangladesh to Albuquerque, New Mexico. And because we know that the path towards recovery requires new effort and ideas from all of us, we thought we’d share our COVID-19 strategy (so far – this page is updated regularly):
- Download the NASA crowdsourcing story about how they engaged their entire workforce in the fight against COVID-19.
- Listen to our July 14th webinar to hear from the team responsible for deploying and supporting the USDOL’s COVID-19 public dialogues. Learn about best practices they implemented that allowed them to quickly generate interest from the public, to effectively moderate ongoing discussions, and to identify promising ideas and comments in real-time in order to inform USDOL leadership and support swiftly moving public policy discussions.
- We hosted a COVID-19 crowdsourcing strategy round table with our customers and extended network that went over crowdsourcing best practices in times like this. The webinar recording and associated resources are below.
- We are carefully monitoring the recommendations of governmental health agencies, such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local health organizations and require that all of our employees work from home until the worst of the COVID threat has passed so that we can encourage social distancing. This also means suspending all unnecessary travel for IdeaScale employees. At this time, you can expect all of the same IdeaScale services from all of our employees as they communicate with you from their homes.
- As always, IdeaScale looks to our community as both our client-base, but also as a source for inspiration and potential solutions. To that end, IdeaScale is sponsoring two public campaigns on Betterific: one campaign asks for ideas that will help hospitals and health organizations better communicate in a health crisis like this and the other campaign seeks ideas on how it is possible to support response efforts from the comfort of your home. If you have ideas that would serve either one of these challenges, please share them here. We will be socializing all of these ideas with health organizations and the public over the coming weeks.
- If you believe a COVID-19 response campaign would assist you and your organization, our accounts team would be happy to configure the campaign’s launch for you free of charge. You can read some initial problem statement suggestions below. If you’re interested, please reach out to your account manager to discuss how to articulate your problem statement and we will take it from there. You can see links to live public-facing dialogues in the prompts section below.