Title: Senior Onboarding Specialist
Location: Berkeley, CA or Washington, DC
Job Category: Software/Client Success/Onboarding/Training
Your goals as an Onboarding Specialist will be to partner with the person(s) responsible for implementing IdeaScale on the client-side and make sure they shine! You will ensure that clients launch on a timely basis and that clients gather early results that they can report to their innovation program sponsor right away.
We have incrementally improved our onboarding process over the past 10 years. Now is the time to refine, reform, and even reimagine what the onboarding experience can be at IdeaScale. This role is “senior” because you will own the optimization and implementation of a best-in-class onboarding experience for IdeaScale clients.
The Basics of the Role
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative, and energetic onboarding and enablement professional to both develop and deliver an exceptional onboarding experience for IdeaScale clients, setting them up for a successful long-term partnership with IdeaScale.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to revamp the customer experience from kickoff to launch. You will learn from team members who have been fulfilling onboarding and platform training responsibilities for many years. You will then identify and implement industry-leading best practices in Customer Onboarding/Training/Enablement, introducing new solutions that will transform the IdeaScale onboarding and implementation journey. The relationships you build with your clients will be a direct result of the incredible experience you deliver and your ability to translate and apply the technical capabilities of our product to realize the business objectives of your customers. Your success will be rooted in the client’s success configuring and launching their IdeaScale community.
At IdeaScale, we believe the solutions to humanity’s biggest challenges exist within each of us. We facilitate human interactions that initiate and drive a culture of innovation. Ideas submitted to the IdeaScale platform are the seeds of new products, business models, and services. These ideas shape the future of our clients’ organizations. At IdeaScale, you’ll have the opportunity to work with clients in every industry, from the government to nonprofit, healthcare to finance, energy to education.
Working from offices throughout the world, our company culture is fast-paced, creative, innovative and collaborative. As a SaaS (Software as a Service) company, customer success is at the heart of all our activities. Additionally, IdeaScale is committed to proving that you can be a profitable, growing company while still maintaining ethical business practices. We are working to become carbon neutral and we are deeply committed to equality, diversity, and workplace wellbeing. We believe in doing impactful work and having fun along the way. We’re looking for someone who is ready to roll up their sleeves, throw out the rule book (within reason) and think creatively to help our clients reach their innovation goals.
Come join us!
What you get to do
In this multifaceted role, you will be primarily responsible for the following activities:
- Develop an effective and scalable training program and onboarding experience
- Develop, update, and maintain a repository of internally consistent and complementary training materials and resources.
- Train and enable new administrators and moderators on the software
- Serve as the client’s trusted advisor in the earliest stages of their innovation program, providing guidance and best practices to ensure they are charting a course to success
- Occasional on-site training and onboarding activities
- Ensure the successful configuration and launch of the software for new clients according to their strategic goals
- Monitor progress and provide appropriate interventions to achieve the above
- Nurture the adoption of core software feature sets and new features
- Leverage resources across IdeaScale to support each client in reaching a successful launch of their first IdeaScale campaign
What you bring to the team
- Experience in training and enabling clients on a software solution
- Demonstrated ability to generate high quality training materials
- You have a proven track record of building successful relationships with customers, and one or two of them would even be willing to serve as a reference
- Ability to empathize with client needs, build a trusted advisor relationship, and apply your creative problem-solving skills to adapt in real-time to meet those needs
- Ability to create a partnership between yourself and the client that tracks toward success, managing customer expectations, dependencies, and deliverables throughout the onboarding process to ensure key milestones are met on time and within scope
- Ability to balance many urgent initiatives and customers
- Familiarity with web technology (HTML, software, email, etc.)
- Willingness to travel occasionally
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Excitement for a startup environment where a sense of initiative and resourcefulness is critical to the team’s success
- A passion for idea management and innovation
Why work for us
- Competitive salary and an unlimited PTO policy
- 401k match which is fully vested after 3 years of service
- A dynamic and fun work environment with passionate, top-notch colleagues
- An opportunity to join a company at an inflection point in its growth pathway
- Leadership that is invested in hearing your ideas and in your professional growth
- A tight-knit, creative, and committed Customer Success Team, consisting of Sales Representatives, Account Managers, Innovation Strategists, and a full technical support team.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, IdeaScale is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
As a result of government contracts in which this position will be involved, this role requires U.S. citizenship.
Please include one sample of work that showcases your ability to generate high-quality training materials. This can be in a media format of your choosing. You are welcome to submit a version of previous work, “scrubbed” as necessary. You are also welcome to create something new. For example, you might choose to show us how to use your favorite online tool for shopping, cooking, or otherwise.