Position: Technical Support Specialist
Location: Washington, D.C.
IdeaScale is a software as a service (SaaS) company that provides cloud-based tools to facilitate collaboration and innovation processes of its clients. As an IdeaScale employee, you will help our clients collect ideas and discover the next big thing! You should be an enthusiastic advocate of crowdsourcing and using technology to spur innovation. If you’re a problem-solver who works well independently, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team!
Specifically, we’re looking for a Support Technician in the DC area to join our growing Client Services team. As a Technical Support Specialist, you will serve as our clients’ primary technical point of contact. In this role, you will be responsible for executing an expert-level of product knowledge to ensure clients are able to realize the full potential of our platform while also assisting with troubleshooting issues.
- Deliver primary technical support to IdeaScale clients and end-users—this includes email, chat, phone support, and in-person meetings
- Demonstrate detailed product knowledge when assisting clients
- Think critically in regards to the customer journey, troubleshooting, and workarounds
- Assist with security responses and audits of the IdeaScale application
- Collaborate with various teams including: Account Management, Development, Sys Admin, and Security
- Assist with resolution of technical issues, providing prompt and complete resolution for clients
- Provide onboarding assistance
- Perform data migrations and other information processing tasks
- Assist team with creating knowledge base articles and assist in the development of policies and procedures
- Some travel required
- Years of experience desired: 2+ years
- BS degrees in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent experience required
- Above average technical aptitude in order to quickly understand and operate IdeaScale software
- Strong business acumen, ethics, and high integrity
- Team oriented
- Excel at developing relationships – through virtual media and in-person
- Strong writing and communication skills—ability to keep key stakeholders informed in a timely manner
- As a result of a government contract in which this position will be involved, this role requires U.S. citizenship
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience in SaaS and data security policies and procedures
- Experience working with or for federal agencies
- Knowledge in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- Endpoint Support/Troubleshooting
- Incident response
- Systems Management
- Systems Administration
- Software Engineering
- Utility Scripting (e.g. bash, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, etc.)
Why you should apply:
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO policy
- A dynamic and fun work environment with top-notch colleagues!
- A great opportunity to really understand SaaS by getting hands-on experience while being part of a growing company
At IdeaScale, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the IdeaScale team. As a proud equal opportunity employer, IdeaScale decides all aspects of employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our IdeaScale teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Technical Support Specialist”.