Position: Government IdeaScale Support Technician
Location: Washington, D.C.
IdeaScale is a software as a service (SaaS) company that provides cloud-based tools to facilitate the collaboration and innovation processes of its clients. As an employee for IdeaScale, you will help our clients collect ideas and discover the next big thing! You should be an enthusiastic advocate of crowdsourcing and using technology to spur innovation. If you’re a problem-solver who works well independently, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team!
Specifically, we’re looking for a Support Technician in the DC area to join our growing government support team. As a Support Technician, you will serve as our clients’ primary technical point of contact. In this role, you will be responsible for executing an expert-level of product knowledge to ensure clients are able to realize the full potential of our platform while also assisting with troubleshooting issues.
- Be the primary technical support for IdeaScale’s government clients and end users—this includes email, chat, and phone support.
- Demonstrate detailed product knowledge when assisting clients.
- Drive platform adoption and offer best practice tips to help clients effectively meet their business and information goals.
- Address client questions regarding information security.
- Collaborate with account management, development, sys admin, and security teams.
- Provide onboarding assistance.
- Perform data migrations and other information processing tasks.
- Create knowledge base articles and assist in the development of policies and procedures.
- Strong business acumen, ethics, and high integrity.
- Comfortable using general office software applications; including ticketing and collaboration tools.
- Experience with HTML.
- Excel at developing relationships over the phone and in-person.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Above average technical aptitude in order to quickly understand and operate IdeaScale software.
- Strong writing and communication skills—able to keep key stakeholders informed in a timely manner.
- As a result of a government contract in which this position will be involved, this role requires U.S. citizenship.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience in SaaS and data security policies and procedures.
- Two or more years of experience in a support role.
- Experience working with or for federal agencies.
Why you should apply:
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO policy
- A dynamic and fun work environment with top-notch colleagues!
At IdeaScale, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the IdeaScale team. As a proud equal opportunity employer, IdeaScale decides all aspects of employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our IdeaScale teammates are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Lara Luik at [email protected]