Position: Government Sales Development Representative
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-time, salaried with benefits
IdeaScale is a Software as a Service (SaaS company) offering a full end-to-end innovation management solution. Our mission is to empower organizations to engage their most valuable resource – passionate people – in making impactful decisions with confidence. Whether it’s new policies and services or new cost-savings and employee engagement measures, IdeaScale allows organizations to solicit input from personnel and other stakeholders and collaboratively transform that input into actionable project plans.
IdeaScale prides itself on both a unique benefits package and an atmosphere of collaboration and delight. This means that we embrace a flexible work model while still preserving high company profitability standards.
Individuals that join our team should be enthusiastic advocates of innovation, crowdsourcing, and organizational change management.
Position Summary: As Government Sales Development Representative (SDR), your mission is to generate leads through outbound and inbound programs. Ideal candidates are tenacious self-starters with a desire to get creative in terms of uncovering opportunities and getting to people.
We’re looking for confident, adaptable team players who can work well independently. Excellent communication skills, organization abilities, and the ability to meet agreed upon goals & metrics are a must. Willingness to cold-call and manage a large volume of leads is required. Previous government sales or tech experience is a bonus.
How we define success and a match:
- 3-5 years experience
- A strong understanding of how to sell to the Government
- Background with an organization that held Government contracts (State and Federal)
- Setup discovery calls and meetings for the sales team to discuss the benefits of using IdeaScale
- Help build the inbound lead generation and prospecting machine to qualify new customers
- Meet or exceed benchmarks for lead qualification, outbound activity, meetings and calls
- Develop and optimize sales processes using tools like Salesforce, Slack and other sales optimization products
- Build best practices around customer outreach to drive discovery calls and meetings
- Represent IdeaScale professionally at meetups, conferences and other external facing events.
At IdeaScale, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the IdeaScale team. As a proud equal opportunity employer, IdeaScale decides all aspects of employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our IdeaScale teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Tim Sussman at [email protected]