Title: Government Account Manager or “Innovation Strategist”
Level: Associate Account Manager or Account Manager
Location: Washington, D.C. Greater Metropolitan Area
As an IdeaScale account manager, you will empower organizations to engage their most valuable resource – passionate people – in discovering fresh ideas, making impactful decisions with confidence, and realizing meaningful value in line with their organizational mission.
In this multifaceted role, known externally as an “Innovation Strategist,” you’ll partner with our government clients — mostly federal but also state and local — to ensure client success by fostering collaborative partnerships. You’ll support a portfolio of accounts and creatively leverage resources across IdeaScale to tailor your approach for each client. You are passionate about innovation, empathetic, and a strong communicator, and you effectively leverage your skills to retain and grow accounts.
We welcome enthusiastic advocates of innovation, crowdsourcing, and organizational change management. Good ideas can come from anywhere, and we think that means good ideas are going to come from you too!
At IdeaScale, we believe solutions to humanity’s biggest challenges exist within each of us. We are a Software as a Service (SaaS) company built to facilitate the human interactions that initiate and drive a culture of innovation for our clients. Those ideas become new products, business models, and services that become the future of that organization. At IdeaScale, you’ll have the opportunity to work with clients in every industry, from government to nonprofit, healthcare to finance, energy to education. IdeaScale’s client roster includes NASA, NIH, FDA, the U.S. Postal Service, the United Way, the US Air Force, Cleveland Cavaliers, Doctors Without Borders, Freddie Mac, Marriott Vacations Worldwide and many others.
Working from offices throughout the world, our company culture is fast-paced, creative, innovative and collaborative. IdeaScale is also committed to proving that you can be a profitable, growing company while still maintaining ethical business practices. We have worked to become carbon neutral, we have high commitments to equality, diversity, and workplace wellbeing and think you can still have a lot of fun along the way. We’re looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves, throw out the rule book (within reason) and think creatively to help our clients reach their innovation goals.
Come join us!
What you get to do:
- Own the entire relationship between IdeaScale and our government clients – building and maintaining relationships rooted in trust and mutual respect.
- Provide personalized strategic consulting to help clients define and achieve their innovation goals.
- Help clients ramp onto IdeaScale’s platform quickly.
- Monitor progress and provide appropriate interventions to ensure success.
- Nurture the adoption of core software feature sets and new features.
- Communicate IdeaScale’s value to a variety of client stakeholders, including leadership, via quarterly business reviews and roundtable discussions.
- Become an innovation domain expert and help IdeaScale define new best practices. Create resources and materials to solve client needs.
- Drive client contract renewal and growth – identifying opportunities for expansion, mitigating risks, preparing quotes, negotiating, and invoicing clients.
- Monitor chat support to ensure timely responses to client inquiries.
- Amplify the voice of the client within IdeaScale to ensure a positive client experience.
What you bring to the team:
- Previous client management experience in the federal government – sales, client success or account management – or equivalent experience.
- Experience in training and enabling clients on a software solution.
- You have a proven track record of building successful relationships with customers, and one or two of them would even be willing to serve as a reference.
- Ability to empathize with client needs, build a trusted advisor relationship, and apply your creative problem solving skills to adapt in real time to meet those needs.
- Ability to create a partnership between yourself and the client that tracks toward success, managing customer expectations, dependencies, and deliverables throughout the customer journey to ensure key milestones are met on time and to scope.
- Ability to balance many urgent initiatives and clients.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining proactive and open lines of communication across the organization.
- Takes strong initiative to improve processes and client resources.
- Takes pride in one’s work, regardless of the task.
- Solutions-oriented, determined, collaborative. Helps team members succeed!
- Willingness to travel for work 2-5 times per year
- Familiarity with web technology (HTML, software, email, etc.).
- US Citizenship
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 401k match. IdeaScale will match 50% of your contribution up to a 6% contribution. This benefit vests over three years.
- A dynamic and fun work environment with passionate, top-notch colleagues
- An opportunity to join a company at an inflection point in its growth pathway
- Leadership that is invested in hearing your ideas and in your professional growth
- A tight-knit, creative, and committed Customer Success Team, consisting of Sales Representatives, Account Managers, Innovation Strategists, and a full technical support team.
At IdeaScale, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the IdeaScale team. As a proud equal opportunity employer, IdeaScale decides all aspects of employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our IdeaScale teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]