Title: Director of Sales
Location: Washington, DC
Job Category: Sales
At IdeaScale, we believe solutions to humanity’s biggest challenges exist within each of us. We are a Software as a Service (SaaS) company built to facilitate the human interactions that initiate and drive a culture of innovation for our clients. Those ideas become new products, business models, and services that become the future of that organization. At IdeaScale, you’ll have the opportunity to work with clients in every industry, from government to nonprofit, healthcare to finance, energy to education.
Working from offices throughout the world, our company culture is fast-paced, creative, innovative and collaborative. IdeaScale is also committed to proving that you can be a profitable, growing company while still maintaining ethical business practices. We are working to become carbon neutral, we have high commitments to equality, diversity, and workplace wellbeing and think you can still have a lot of fun along the way. We’re looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves, throw out the rule book (within reason) and think creatively to help our clients reach their innovation goals.
Come join us!
The primary purpose of this position is to partner with both internal and external resources to lead and manage the sales strategy & execution. This position reports directly to the CRO and will work with the leadership team across the company to help build and drive scalable growth within the context of a SaaS based model.
The Director of Sales is expected to lead and motivate the team, consistently provide an excellent experience to partners and customers, as well as represent customer needs and goals within the company to ensure quality, value, and an exceptional customer experience.
The position is based in Washington, D.C. and is expected to travel as needed to execute on the strategic direction.
What you get to do:
- This role will “own” IdeaScale’s annual top-line sales goals throughout of the box thinking, planning and execution of collaborative strategic planning.
- Serve as a thought leader and visionary to new and existing customers to increase retention and ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Create a scalable demand generation source and lay the foundation for IdeaScale’s outbound lead generation programs.
- Continue to develop IdeaScale’s partner program.
- Work closely with marketing to manage and evolve clients CRM (Salesforce) and ensure global adoption for managing KPIs, pipeline and forecasting.
- Develop KPIs for the sales team and create expectations for activity levels, ramp time and quota attainment over time.
- Implement and actively promote strategies to more effectively incorporate IdeaScale’s “people-first” and “success-focused” brand values into key prospect engagement initiatives and lead the sales teams in driving growth for the business.
- Ensure the execution of all 3rd party contracts and that they are effectively delivering on cost and quality.
- Develop a strong customer-success partnership with the marketing, account management, product development and operations teams to promote collaboration and a best in class, flawless delivery of value to our customers.
- Be responsible for “upselling” and “cross selling” other services to existing and new clients when opportunities arise.
What you bring to the team:
- 15+ years of proven subscription sales experience, with 5+ years being in leadership roles.
- 8+ years experience creating and running successful demand generation campaigns.
- Software experience working in a SaaS company.
- Excellent track record of selling to leaders of innovation in multiple industries (government, healthcare, finance, and education are most important).
- Ability to work in a growth environment where ambiguity is the norm.
- Proven ability to leverage data and drive campaigns that are scalable and have a clear ROI.
- Track record of success in creating strategies and executing on the plans that address churn and retention while promoting expansion.
- Previous experience working with Salesforce CRM.
- Experience with bootstrapped growth $5-$20M business.
- Experience $20-50k ACV and 90-day sales cycles.
- Proven track record in understanding and articulating the “Customer Journey”, which then resulted in an increase in customer retention and reduction in churn.
Why work for us:
- Competitive pay package that includes base salary and performance-based bonuses. Performance goals will be based on a combination of new sales, retention and/or LTV.
- 401k match which is fully vested after 3 years of service
- Unlimited PTO policy
- A dynamic and fun work environment with passionate, top-notch colleagues
- An opportunity to join a company at an inflection point for the business
- Leadership that is invested in hearing your ideas and in your professional growth
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, IdeaScale is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. We firmly believe that our work is at its best when everyone feels free to be their most authentic self and seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
To apply, please send resumé and cover letter to Josh Folk at [email protected]