Title: Professional Services – Customer Onboarding Specialist (Trainer & Project Manager)
Location: Anywhere in the U.S., but needs to be willing to work with clients in all U.S Timezones
As an IdeaScale Innovation Training Specialist, you will empower organizations to engage their most valuable resource – passionate people – in discovering fresh ideas, making decisions with confidence and realizing meaningful value in line with their organizational mission.
You will be responsible for setting the tone for the customer relationship and launching them on their innovation journey. In this way you will be setting them, as well as IdeaScale, up for success over the long term.
You’ll support a portfolio of enterprise and government clients, teaching them how to use our platform, co-designing their crowdsourcing strategies, and sharing open innovation best practices. You will be collaborating with IdeaScale colleagues to solve problems and creatively tailor services to meet the unique needs of our customer base.
We welcome enthusiastic advocates of innovation, training, customer relations, social media, crowdsourcing, and organizational change management. We are a growing company and want you to grow with us. As new opportunities emerge we expect you to build your expertise and take on new and exciting projects and roles to add more value to our customers and company.
At IdeaScale, we believe solutions to humanity’s biggest challenges exist within each of us. We are a Software as a Service (SaaS) and Professional Services company built to facilitate the human interactions that initiate and drive a culture of innovation for our clients. Those ideas become new products, business models, and services that become the future of that organization. As an IdeaScale team member, you’ll have the opportunity to work with clients in every industry, from government to nonprofit, healthcare to finance, energy to education. IdeaScale’s client roster includes NASA, NIH, FDA, the U.S. Postal Service, the United Way, Doctors Without Borders, Freddie Mac, Marriott Vacations Worldwide, Pfizer and many others.
Working from offices throughout the world, our company culture is fast-paced, creative, innovative and collaborative. IdeaScale is also committed to proving that you can be a profitable, growing company while still maintaining ethical business practices. We have worked to become carbon neutral, we have high commitments to diversity, equity, inclusion, and workplace wellbeing and think you can still have a lot of fun along the way. We’re looking for someone who is willing to roll up their sleeves, throw out the rule book (within reason) and think creatively to help our clients reach their innovation goals. Come join us!
What You Get to Do:
- Lead the execution of specific service projects delivered to our enterprise and government clients. This involves building and maintaining relationships rooted in trust and mutual respect in collaboration with your client success colleagues.
- Primary services will include delivering inspiring innovation software onboarding and training that helps clients ramp onto IdeaScale’s platform quickly.
- Secondary services will include consulting and configuring IdeaScale software and campaigns to help meet the client’s goals and objectives. This often involves helping to integrate client’s innovation priorities into effective crowdsourced innovation campaigns.
- Monitor progress, nurture the adoption of core software features and new features, and provide appropriate interventions to ensure success.
- Amplify the voice of the client within IdeaScale to ensure a positive client experience and systematic challenges are addressed in a timely fashion.
- As your skills and service clientele grows, you will have the opportunity to deliver additional services to clients.
- As a member of the Professional Services team, you will have opportunities to design, test and implement several new service offerings such as client pilots, compelling campaign impact reports and refine existing service offerings.
- Create resources and materials to solve client needs.
- Support new partnership projects and relationships.
- Support Climate Action offering and various social impact initiatives.
Sales Team Support
- Support communication of IdeaScale’s value to a variety of client stakeholders, including leadership, via quarterly business reviews and service discovery discussions and demonstrations.
- Directly support client contract renewal and growth – identifying and executing on opportunities for expansion (upselling and cross-selling), mitigating risks, preparing quotes, negotiating, and invoicing clients.
- Become an innovation domain expert and help IdeaScale optimize onboarding and define new best practices.
- Research new innovation practices and methodologies to train colleagues and to incorporate into existing and new service offerings.
What You Bring to the Team:
- 2-4 years experience training and enabling clients on a software solution
- Preferably training personnel at all levels of the organizational hierarchy on collaboration software that supports IT, change management, digital transformation or innovation.
- Previous client management experience in the enterprise, government or nonprofit sectors – sales, client success or account management – or equivalent experience with one or two willing to serve as a reference.
- You’ve shown the ability to manage multi-phase projects from start to finish.
- Ability to create a partnership between yourself and the client that tracks toward success, managing customer expectations, dependencies, and deliverables throughout the customer journey to ensure key milestones are met on time and to scope.
- Ability to empathize with client needs, build a trusted advisor relationship, and apply your creative problem solving skills to adapt in real time to meet those needs.
- Ability to balance many urgent initiatives and clients.
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining proactive and open lines of communication across the organization.
- Takes strong initiative to improve processes and client resources.
- Takes pride in one’s work, regardless of the task.
- Solutions-oriented, determined, collaborative. Helps team members succeed!
- Willingness to travel for work 2-4 times per year
- Familiarity with web technology (HTML, software, email, etc.).
- US Citizenship
Why Work for Us:
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Unlimited PTO policy
- 401k match. IdeaScale will match 50% of your contribution up to a 6% contribution. This benefit vests over three years.
- A dynamic and fun work environment with passionate, top-notch colleagues
- An opportunity to join a company at an inflection point in its growth pathway
- Leadership that is invested in hearing your ideas and in your professional growth
- A tight-knit, creative, and committed Customer Success Team, consisting of Sales Representatives, Account Managers, Innovation Strategists, and a full technical support team
At IdeaScale, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the IdeaScale team. As a proud equal opportunity employer, IdeaScale decides all aspects of employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our IdeaScale teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.