Job Title: Account Executive
Job Category: Software/AUS Enterprise Sales/Client Success/Account Management/Strategy/Client Relationship Management
Level of Experience: 4-6 years experience
Employment type: Full-time, salaried employee, exempt
Location: Melbourne, Australia (preference, but not required), Flexible office hours & work from home policies available after probationary period
Salary: $85,000 (+ up to bonuses) USD
IdeaScale is a Software as a Service (SaaS company) offering a full end-to-end idea management solution. Our mission is to empower organizations to engage their most valuable resource – passionate people – in making impactful decisions with confidence. Believing that good ideas can come from anywhere, our clients leverage IdeaScale software to collect ideas from their employees, customers, partners, suppliers, donors, citizens, and any other crowd of clever people they can access. At IdeaScale, you’ll have the opportunity to work with clients in every industry, from government to non-profit, healthcare to finance, energy to education.
One of IdeaScale’s fastest-growing global segments is Australia and New Zealand. IdeaSacle is looking for a leader with an entrepreneurial mindset to serve our current slate of customers and accelerate our growth over the course of the next two years. The candidate will need to have skills in sales, account management, business strategy and entrepreneurship. They will manage a budget and make decisions for the business in regards to the health of the Australian segment.
Day to Day Duties May Include:
- Responding to outbound and inbound Australian region sales leads at various stages of readiness throughout the course of the day
- Supplementing pipeline through outbound cold calling and client profiling
- Keeping all lead and account records rigorously up to date for organizational transparency with CRM (Salesforce) and other tools.
- Completing demonstrations of the software, responding to request for proposals and information, overseeing security and legal questionnaires through to completion, adequately preparing, tailoring, and delivering superb sales presentations to all levels of an organization.
- Understanding and advising IdeaScale leadership on our current Australian business position
- Ensuring product proficiency and configuration of client communities in order to deliver a timely launch
- Nurturing the adoption of new features and core software feature sets in current customers
- Monitoring chat support to verify appropriate and timely responses to support queries; advocating on behalf of the client for timely product updates and customization (a.k.a. “Client requests”) and following up with the client when these are delivered
- Building a relationship based on trust and mutual respect and expanding that relationship across the organization. This could include on-site visits to Australian and New Zealand customers
- Identifying obstacles to renewal or opportunities for expansion and taking action accordingly
- Knowing the client’s innovation goals or helping the client define their goals
- Ensuring the product is leveraged to deliver continued outcomes according to the client’s goals
- Convening and facilitating client roundtable discussions; providing personalized strategic consulting directly to clients; nurturing discussion in a community of practice; developing reusable strategic materials such as webinars, workbooks, and worksheets; creating outcome reports for clients
The Account Director will work in a truly collaborative manner with our marketing and sales, product, development, system operations, compliance, legal and executive leadership team to ensure client success, a positive client experience, and a long-lasting growing relationship with IdeaScale.
Currently Successful Team Members Typically Have a/an:
- BA/BS degree preferred, but not required
- Previous experience with inside IT/Tech/Sales, SaaS Sales will be favored
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English, bilingual candidates will be favored
- Demonstrated success holding yourself accountable and managing your time.
- Demonstrated ability working in fast-paced environments while managing multiple priorities
- Diverse background and life experiences will be favored
- Strong sense of drive and track record of exceeding expectations, success in previous projects and roles will be favored
- Strong customer service and leadership skills
- Fluent familiarity with technology
- Ability to manage resources to a budget
- Ability to develop and execute on business strategies
- Education, experience, aptitude or familiarity with strategic business consulting and/or organizational change management will be favored
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of passion for your craft and interests will be favored
- Willingness to travel for work 2-5 times per year
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining open lines of communication with others across the organization and to inform others of developments that have implications for their departments
- Someone who is inspired by the startup environment where a sense of initiative is absolutely imperative
- Passion for innovation and idea management sufficient to bring or generate expertise in these areas
At IdeaScale, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the IdeaScale team. As a proud equal opportunity employer, IdeaScale decides all aspects of employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our IdeaScale teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
IdeaScale prides itself on both a unique benefits package and an atmosphere of collaboration and delight. This means that we embrace a flexible work model while still preserving high company profitability standards.
Individuals that join our team should be enthusiastic advocates of innovation, crowdsourcing, and organizational change management. After all, good ideas can come from anywhere, and we think that means good ideas are going to come from you, as well!
On any given day, we might share links to various stories that can cover everything from electric scooters, volunteering, and guacamole tastings to the latest health and fitness theories, our pets and families or a new technology of which we are totally in awe.
IdeaScale currently has offices in Washington D.C., Berlin, Tokyo, and is headquartered in Berkeley, CA. We are part of a global co-working space and have the option to work from 193 Office Locations in 50 Cities worldwide.
To apply, please send resumé and cover letter to Josh Folk at [email protected]