Location: Washington, DC or Berkeley, CA
Job Category: Software/Client Success/Account Management/Strategy/Client Relationship Management
Level of Experience: 3-5 years experience
IdeaScale is a Software as a Service (SaaS company) offering a full end-to-end idea management solution. Our mission is to empower organizations to engage their most valuable resource – passionate people – in making impactful decisions with confidence. Believing that good ideas can come from anywhere, our clients leverage IdeaScale software to collect ideas from their employees, customers, partners, suppliers, donors, citizens, and any other crowd of clever people they can access. At IdeaScale, you’ll have the opportunity to work with clients in every industry, from government to non-profit, healthcare to finance, energy to education.
An IdeaScale Account Manager, known externally as an “Innovation Strategist”, empowers organizations to engage their most valuable resource – passionate people – in discovering fresh ideas, making impactful decisions with confidence, and realizing meaningful value in line with their organizational mission.
An Account Manager works to build a long-lasting relationship with each client that goes beyond the key point of contact. A successful Account Manager will develop a trusting partnership between IdeaScale and the client’s organization at large – realizing the full potential of the client’s investment and long-term loyal use of IdeaScal’s tools.
The Account Manager serves as the client’s personal innovation strategist, empowering clients to unleash the power of fresh ideas and to meet their business and innovation goals. The Account Manager coaches the client in building a lasting innovation program that is interwoven into critical processes and functions at the client’s the organization and brings value to multiple client end-users at that organization.
An Account Manager is the client’s internal advocate at IdeaScale helping each client fully access IdeaScale products and services. Advocating on behalf of the client for product customization and updates.
The Account Manager will be a member of a tight-knit team of experienced Account Managers, exchanging best practices and client stories, helping one another succeed in the role, and working toward shared team goals. This involves contributions to the “greater good” such as generating new reusable coaching materials (worksheets, workbooks, workshops, etc.) and nurturing a larger community of practice amongst IdeaScale clients.
In this multifaceted role, the Account Manager is responsible for leveraging resources across IdeaScale to support each client. The Account Manager is also responsible for coaching each client through the development and implementation of their innovation program so as to ensure meaningful outcomes and continued progress toward each client’s programmatic and organizational goals.
Simply put, the Account Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring the longevity of IdeaScale’s relationship with each client and growing that relationship.
Training, Configuration, Product Adoption, and New Feature Adoption
- Ensuring product proficiency and configuration and ensuring a timely launch
- Nurturing the adoption of new features and core software feature sets
- Monitoring progress and taking action to achieve the above
- Activities include: Monitoring chat support to verify appropriate and timely responses to support queries; advocating on behalf of the client for timely product updates and customization (a.k.a. “Client requests”) and following up with the client when these are delivered
Subscription and Relationship Management
- Building a relationship based on trust and mutual respect and expanding that relationship across the organization
- Identifying obstacles to renewal or opportunities for expansion and taking action accordingly
- Activities include: outreach, negotiation, preparing quotes, preparing invoices
Innovation Success and outcomes
- Knowing the client’s innovation goals or helping the client define their goals
- Ensuring the product is leveraged to deliver continued outcomes according to the client’s goals
- Ensuring outcomes are visible to all stakeholders
- Activities include: convening and facilitating a client roundtable discussion; providing personalized strategic consulting directly to a client; nurturing discussion in a community of practice; developing reusable strategic materials such as webinars, workbooks, and worksheets; creating outcome reports for clients
The Account Manager will work in a truly collaborative manner with our sales, product, development, system operations, compliance, legal and executive leadership team to ensure client success, a positive client experience, and a long-lasting growing relationship with IdeaScale.
Annual travel includes Open Nation User Conference and one to two company offsites. There are also opportunities to visit clients in person when appropriate. This occurs perhaps once or twice per year.
How we define success and a match:
- Familiarity with web technology (HTML, software, email, etc.).
- Willingness to travel for work 2-5 times per year
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining open lines of communication with others across the organization and to inform others of developments that have implications for their departments
- Someone who is inspired by the startup environment where a sense of initiative is absolutely imperative
- Prior experience working within a large organization on either innovation or change management.
- Passion for innovation and idea management sufficient to bring or generate expertise in these areas
- Ability to empathize with client needs
- Exceptional communication and listening skills
- Determination and solutions-seeking
- Networker/relationship builder
- Positive outlook + supportive of others
At IdeaScale, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the IdeaScale team. As a proud equal opportunity employer, IdeaScale decides all aspects of employment on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our IdeaScale teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
IdeaScale prides itself on both a unique benefits package and an atmosphere of collaboration and delight. This means that we embrace a flexible work model while still preserving high company profitability standards.
Individuals that join our team should be enthusiastic advocates of innovation, crowdsourcing, and organizational change management. After all, good ideas can come from anywhere, and we think that means good ideas are going to come from you, as well!
On any given day, we might share links to various stories that can cover everything from electric scooters, volunteering, and guacamole tastings to the latest health and fitness theories, our pets and families or a new technology of which we are totally in awe.
IdeaScale currently has offices in Washington D.C., Berlin, Tokyo, and is headquartered in Berkeley, CA. We are part of a global co-working space and have the option to work from 193 Office Locations in 50 Cities worldwide.
To apply, please send resumé and cover letter to Whitney Bernstein at [email protected]